COVID – INFECTION CONTROL POLICIES
INFECTION CONTROL POLICIES INITIATED AT EAST DALLAS FAMILY EYE CARE IN RESPONSE TO THE RECENT CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK.
East Dallas Family Eye Care has always practiced measures for proper infection control for our patients. The following lists all protective measures that are and will be taken to ensure safety for patients and staff.
- Every staff member will thoroughly wash hands for 20 seconds with soap and water before starting any patient workup. All medical staff will be wearing gloves.
- All examination equipment will we wiped down with alcohol wipes before testing is performed for each and every patient.
- Patients who have symptoms of coughing and sore throat will not be allowed to enter the office.
- Patients will not be allowed to bring any sick family member into the office with them
- Patients who have traveled to hot zones: China, Iran, South Korea, Italy, Japan, for the time being, will not be allowed into the office.
- When a patient is brought into the exam room, the medical staff member will wipe the phoropter and slit lamp with alcohol wipes. The exam chair and the counter by the sink will also be wiped down with disinfectant wipes. The cloth chairs in the exam room will be sprayed with sporicidin. All of this will be done before the patient and family members sit down.
- After completion of the testing, staff members will wash hands again for 20 seconds with soap and water
- Optical staff in the front will be wearing gloves and wash hands after frame styling a patient
- At the end of the business day, all waiting room chairs will be disinfected thoroughly.
- The front desk counter will be wiped down with disinfectant wipes two times per day.
- All computers will be disinfected at the end of the business day.